Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamically find a "Right_XXX" field and then update the "XXX" field with the value.

NNB
6 - Meteoroid

NNB_0-1624581675003.png

For example: I want to dynamically loop through the columns and see if there is any column with the prefix "Right_" and that would mean there is another column with the same name but without the prefix "Right_" and update the value in the field without the prefix "Right_". For example when it finds "Right_One" it is sure that there will be a field with the name "One" and then update the value in the "One" field with the "Right_One" data. Is there are way to do this dynamically? I have lots of fields with a "Right_" and without it and want to do it dynamically. 

6 REPLIES 6
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Try to use the attached workflow

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@dougperez 
 I tried and turned out to be the same with you. 😁

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello @Qiu 

So, your problem was solved?

NNB
6 - Meteoroid

@dougperez Thanks it worked, just adding one more step to this... I created a macro to process a data of a larger size and the output that i am getting has the fields in a different order. So it there a was to get the fields in the original order? Thanks! 

dougperez
12 - Quasar

I think you have to change this manually or use a union tool with the correct output order

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@dougperez 
hehe, it would be up to @NNB  😁

Labels