Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically attach excel files in email tool based on the based on field value (To Field)

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

I'm looking to create multiple attachments each of which is specific to a different user. I have a field with these users and their email IDs. When I use the to function in email tool-I want to reference my field for user email IDs and attach the corresponding attachment pertaining to that user. I have used Render Tool to group by my user field and create multiple reports. Here for example-I have two reports generated for 2 users. Attaching screenshot for reference. I have connected to email tool-in the To box-I have used field (user email IDs)-based on the user email ID then the report corresponding to each user must be attached. Attaching screenshot for reference. Also attaching a dummy workflow that I have created-I'm looking to attach files based on name i.e. in the use field-requester mail-when dawn's email id is there then only the file pertaining to dawn should be attached and vice versa. 

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Shaina1 ,

if I got you right, only a few changes are needed.

2022-03-08_10-12-14.jpg

You have to switch order of "create output file" and "send mail" in the Block Until Done tool, so that the file is written before the Email tool tries to send it.

I  added a formula tool to create the name of the file to attach.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland 

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou ! this is what I was looking for. I have accepted this as my solution. Appreciate it !

Labels