Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic formula in Multi-Row Formula tool

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Is it possible to set a adding number  in Row+Data function in Multi-Row formula if there is additional data. see attached image.

1st image - text input 1 is the source file. text input 2 have the data to filter in source file . the data contains in text input 2 will filter the data in text input 1 but with the additional row+data to get the amount. however, when I add an addtional data in text input 2 the row+data is not dynamic to captured the amount because theres an additional row added. so I was thinking if its possible if I set the row+data based in the count of text input 2 that set in row+data formula.

arjundelara_0-1644023282554.png

arjundelara_1-1644023305609.png

13 REPLIES 13
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@arjundelara 
I think, as you expected, we can not use variable for the row numbers.
What is your intention here?

Maybe we can come up something else to solve the problem.

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

My other idea of solution is using a macro that insert the data one by one.

see attached workflow. the text text input 1 contains the data the need to append in text input2 to filter the data in text input 2. It is possible to create a macro that append the data in text input 1 one by one per row? .

Thank you so much!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@arjundelara 
What is your desired output?

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

see attached image.

arjundelara_0-1644206146055.png

My desired output is to captured the row:data+1 based on the text input data to captured the amount.

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

arjundelara_1-1644206239927.png

Attached image is the sample source file . I need to filter it using the other text input based on the text input I need to append the data one by one in row. then get the data in row:data+1.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@arjundelara 
This is the input 1 and there is an Input 2. I have understood these 2.
What will be your output?

I am sorry but by wording, I failed to understand your intention here. 🙄

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Apology, My desired output is to get the data in input 1 row:data+1 based on input2

arjundelara_0-1644211914506.png

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

see attached workflow.

the desired ouput is to captured the amount.

Thank you so much

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@arjundelara Is this what you're after?

OllieClarke_0-1644231240050.png

Labels