Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic filter | Analytic app

PriyamChatterjee9
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Members,

I am having an issue with dynamic filter concept. Here is an example attached below,

There are two tables, Table1 and Table2.

Table1 contains two sheets, sheet1 and sheet2.

Table2 contains three sheets, sheet3, sheet4 and sheet5.

Now I want to create an app, in which if I select Table1 from the dropdown list, I want to get the option to choose sheet1 or sheet2 only in the next dropdown option. Instead I am getting all the sheets (sheet1 - sheet5).
Is there a way to get the same? Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Attaching 2 files for reference.

6 REPLIES 6
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @PriyamChatterjee9,

To make filter options dependent on another filter, you must create two apps and chain them together - there is no option to do this within one flow.

This video explains how to create a chained app. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

PriyamChatterjee9
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @FrederikE,

Thanks for your help. I tried the way it has shown in the video but facing an error while running the first app.

This error says, "This is not a valid Designer x64 Analytic App workflow." Any idea why this error is appearing?

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Not sure why you are getting that specific error without more information, but here is a sample chained app that does what you're looking for.

First App:

App0.png

Second App:

App1.png

Third App:

App2.png

NeoInfiniTech
8 - Asteroid

Hello @PriyamChatterjee9, I recently posted an idea related to adding a feature exactly like what you mentioned in your first post to Alteryx Designer desktop app, you can read it and give it a like if you would like to increase the chance of it being implemented in Alteryx Designer in the future. Until such a feature is implemented however (and that could take a long time even if the idea is accepted in the future), your best option is to use the solution and the workflow shared in the posts above.

PriyamChatterjee9
6 - Meteoroid

Sure, I will do that.

PriyamChatterjee9
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Andrew, I will give it a try.

Labels