Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic connection file path for "Data Stream in"

Hobukumar
5 - Atom

Am trying to stream out the data from SQL table and split the data in Normal tools and trying to upload the data from workflow into SQL database using "Data stream in" activity. In production we have one INDBC connection path and Development we have another connection path. Based on the system "Get environment variable" function we have get the System name, based on the system name the system should select the INDBC path dynamically. While we try to configure the workflow we unable to provide the dynamic connection path. If anybody crossed this kind of workflow, please share the idea.. I have tried to achieve this using INDBC macro, but am getting error while configure due to the multiple column data's. Please refer the attached image as Dynamic connection.png as workflow and Dynamic macro.png as Macro 

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Hobukumar 

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your process. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* What Alteryx Version are you using?
* Do you have a Workflow you can share?
* Thanks for including the Screenshots! Are you encountering any error messages?

If you can elaborate on the specific issues you are encountering, that will help the Community to better troubleshoot!

Here are some tips for posting for the fastest possible solution

Thank you very much!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Hobukumar 

Are you stating that on your production environment you are only allowing for INDB data connections? I would consider being able to output using the Output tool in this case instead of using the data stream in tool. There is more flexibility within the Output tool to change variables than in the data stream tool. If you weren't attempting to make the connection dynamic I would say the data stream tool would be fine, but if you are, I would highly recommend going with the Output tool.

Labels