Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input tool - Table or Query function unresponsive

KSBurnett
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

I have created a "starter" workflow that allows us to pull customer data based on time period and customer number.

This workflow contains a dynamic input tool that contains a SQL query that the user must open via the Table or Query function in the dynamic input tool and change the seeded customer number in order to make it work the first time.  When I do this, it takes about 3 seconds to open for me to change the SQL.  I have another user trying to use this WF and it takes 4 minutes for her Table or Query function to open so she can access the SQL.  This user has no other issues with system speed with any other Alteryx functions or other system functions.

Any idea why it takes so long on her system and not on mine?

TIA!

Katie

1 REPLY 1
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @KSBurnett 

I suspect difference in time is due to differences in the user's memory capacity or based on the number of programs being run on a given person's desktop.

Have you considered making your workflow dynamic so that users didnt have to interact with the SQL query each time? 

The dynamic input tool allows you to pass values and modify the SQL code with fields from your data:

gautiergodard_0-1665441312700.png

Alternatively, if this is not something present in your data, you could make your workflow an application and prompt users to enter this value in a user interface.

Labels