Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Tool - No Sheet Specified Error

ChGatsby
6 - Meteoroid

I keep getting the "No sheet specified, you must specify a sheet" in my Dynamic Input tool even if I have specified the correct sheet. I sorted the creation time to descending and added a sample tool to get the first row, so it will take the data of the most recent file then I configured the Dynamic Input tool to select the correct sheet where the data is located. Any suggestion on how can this be resolved?  

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You'll have to give us some way of knowing that you added the sheet name to the full path! Ideally can you post the full workflow?

ChGatsby
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry, I am new to this. How can I do that? Right after my Directory tool is my Sort tool, then Sample tool, then the Dynamic tool. 

cpet13
9 - Comet

@ChGatsby I used a Directory tool to return all files with a certain name in a folder. After the directory tool, I used a formula tool and replaced the FullPath with the following:
[FullPath] + "|||[Sheet Name]"

This only works if the sheet name is always going to be the same, however. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Exactly as @cpet13 mentioned - because the directory tool does not include sheet names by default, you need to add it manually. There are ways to get it more dynamically, but not sure if that applies here!

ChGatsby
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @cpet13 and @alexnajm for your answers

Labels