Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Company Name - original: This names will change every month. How can I create a dynamic filter based on whatever new branches will come up here. Posted Currency: IT could be different every month. Is it possible to filter out whatever new unknown branches will come and corresponding Currency tabs for future new brunches and currencies?

Kinetic_analytics_0-1669144304770.png

Appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Kinetic_analytics 

If you simply need to track if a new value is entering your data set and filter this out, I'd recommend creating an external "values" table you store in a shared folder, where you append new unique values at every run. Here you would track the Company names and the Posted Currencies and whatever other column value you need.

Every time you run the workflow; your process would look to the external mapping file to see if the value is there.

- if the value is there then it is not new

- if the value is not there you would want your workflow to append the value to the values mapping table, so it is not treated as new in the next workflow run.

Hope this helps.

n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I am trying to understand why you would need it to be dynamic?

Would making an In('London Branch','NY Branch'...etc) work?

The only other thing I can think of is if you have a drop down be populated and select which 'new' company names you want filtered out. This would be run as an app.

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

@n8rushton : The ask for the team is: In that report it is not always same branches of business. Usually they manually pivot the data. I want to create separate tabs for all new branches or entities and everything will be separate tab. 

So anyhow, if I could any formula that populate new tabs. 

Ans: Would making an In('London Branch','NY Branch'...etc) work? it would work when I know the data set. In the unknown Data It won't work. I want to handle the unknown potential data flows. 

n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, the tabs can be generated from the output tool based on field name (or done with a formula). 

n8rushton_1-1669148429338.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

@n8rushton Awesome very good to know. Could you please share an example with my dataset or data from anywhere? That would be great help. I could process easily. Appreciate your help and efforts. 

Thanks

n8rushton
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I hope this helps. I did it in both ways (just replace numbers with your field name)

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

@n8rushton   Thank you for helping me in the learning process.

Labels