Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic E-mail Subject header matching with the dataset row

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I am stuck in a very peculiar situation for my organisation, I have already initiated the workflow and it's working as desired but I need a solution to one more problem, kindly refer to my previous blog to understand the scenario of the workflow https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Sending-Individual-E-mails-to-... . 

My current problem is for the Subject Headers and the dynamic names as per data. I want to display the subject and text in Email for my data according to the data which is sent to the respective teams. As you can see the above blog about E-mailing the teams according to their data set, after that I want to display my data for Ex - "IM & GM Value of John for 30th May which Amounts to 30000" So here as you can see if my data has both IM & GM for that team, then the header will display both the names, Individually I am able to perform the task but together I am not getting the output, is there any If Else condition has to be mapped accordingly? and 2nd point is the Amount, I want to display both the amounts together as a sum. Kindly guide me through the steps, help me to perform the task. Regards, Kaish

4 REPLIES 4
Raj
15 - Aurora

@Kaish 
as far as i understand you have all the values in one or another column for the record
so, you can create a field named subject
where you can create a formula to create the output as per desire and in the configuration of email tool you have option to select a field as subject which makes this dynamic

Also for the second part you will need to create a different piece were you will be calculating the sum on basis of your key column
and you will be appending this to your data before report text tool.

hope this helps
if not please add a sample workflow which is been created
will try to help with the flow.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Raj could you open the link of the blog, you will find sample workflows. Kindly guide me through the steps, I have already added the formula in formula tool and I use the subject head using that formula in E-mail. My concern is here for the IM$GM Value, if the data of IM and GM are together I want my header to show both the heads as "IM$GM", Individually I am able to get the output, but I want to get both the names if they both have data.  

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Kaish 
find the workflow attached with changes

mark done if solved.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Raj Thank you for your support, I was able to create my workflow. Thank you very much. Accepted Solution

Labels