Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Drop down prompt per row of data

Rdscutters
5 - Atom

Hi, i have a simple text input of 3 columns and multiple rows, first column is the store number, second column contains sales data and the third column is called “override” and this override column is blank to begin with. What i need is to pass this data to a macro and have the macro prompt the user with a yes/no dropdown option for every single row. Eg it asks me yes/no for row 1, then row 2 etc. The macro will then enter the users selection into the override column so that the out put of the macro would be something like Row 1=yes, row 2= No, row 3 = yes etc. Is this achievable if so can anyone offer any guidance?

Example data before entering macro;

Storesales valueOverride
A1000null
B2000null
C3000null

example data after entering macro

Storesales valueoverride
A1000Yes
B2000No
C3000Yes

3 REPLIES 3
cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hey @Rdscutters,

Did you manage to solve this? I have the same "use case"

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Rdscutters @cycyg 

I'm afraid this isn't possible with the dropdown interface tool - Unless you know exactly how many rows there will be, and that number will never change. Even then it would be a pain to set up.

In the usecase above, it's probably easier to have a multi-line text input so users can type in their desired value 1 per line, and then in the macro you can join that in based on record position.

OllieClarke_0-1664796744913.png

OllieClarke_1-1664796767825.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

cycyg
7 - Meteor

Hi @OllieClarke ,

Thank you for your reply. I already managed to do that with the text tool as per my comments in this thread: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Using-Drop-Down-tool-to-manually-input...

I was trying to see if there was any other solution on community but failed to do so😢.

Thank you anyways for your help!

Labels