Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool with Qualtrics

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi There 

I have been struggling to get rid of an error while using the download tool in Alteryx. I am trying pull some data ( distribution id ) using an API and am using the instructions as mentioned here : API Reference | Qualtrics API Docs, 

on the above link as well as Postman , I have tested and I get the desired result but when i use the download tool in Alteryx using the same credentials (survey id and Token) i get an error message(Screenshot attached). Also attached is the workflow for reference with fake credentials. 

Please help me in figuring out where am i getting it wrong?

Thanks

qualtrics get request runs fine on postman.pngalteryx error screeshot.png

8 REPLIES 8
bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @veekay123 

In the input tool add slash and check 

https://iad1.qualtrics.com/API/v3/distributions/

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Thanks for pointing this out Bharatandalam , i added the slash but it still the same error

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

@veekay123 

It seems to be a problem with the send date, have you tried omitting the columns to narrow down the error . Try trimming the date.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You are missing sendDate in your Query String/Body along with other parameters. You will want to go into your formula tool and add sendDate as specified by the API documentation: https://api.qualtrics.com/instructions/reference/distributions.json/paths/~1distributions/post 

It looks like you are trying to create a distribution based on your current configuration and the POST selection. If you are trying to do something else you may want to reference the appropriate endpoint and HTTP action. 

BrandonB_0-1624336127229.png

The documentation will show you what values are required in your payload

BrandonB_1-1624336239795.png

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi BrandonB , thanks for the response. 

I am trying to get 'distribution id' for which  I am using the GET 'List Distributions' as mentioned here :

Instructions | Qualtrics API Docs

Also for testing i tried adding send date (ven though for this API call , 'senddate' is non mandatory) but the error continues . If you see in the attached image i tried on Qualtrics API 'tryit' window and it shows the result as fine but on Alteryx couldnt get rid of the error. API reference distribution.png

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @veekay123 ,

Not sure if this helps but I managed to find a Qualtrics connector (see .yxmc file attached). Do try if it works?

Best,

Michael

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Thanks @mutama  for this. This is certainly helpful 

veekay123
7 - Meteor

Hi @BrandonB ,

Your response on this question Solved: Download tool not getting any response when using ... - Alteryx Community also helped me a lot

Thanks

Labels