Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download tool error 404 (URL works fine in Chrome)

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

Since this morning one of my main workflows stopped working. It basically uses a URL to download JSON data from an API.

The URL for the current call is the following:

https://publications.iadb.org/en/api/reports/downloads/json?time[after]=2021-03-30%2000:00:00&time[b...

But when I use this in an input+download tools set, then I get a 404 error in Alteryx.

I am adding the workflow attached. I am concerned if this is due to some limitation that IT guys added to Alteryx in the machine, so if someone could test this for me I would appreciate the help.

If the error also happens with you, how can I fix this? This workflow is running for more than an year and never failed.

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @calloni 

The same happens for me.  Works in a Browser, but not in the Download tool.  Since this change happened suddenly, I would look into the possibility that iadb changed the way that the web site handles browserless queries.  

Dan

calloni
9 - Comet

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply. I found out that our server is now under a new layer of protection that requires us to pass an user-agent.

I've added the user agent in the header configuration and now download tool is working.

Rodrigo

Labels