Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool to Web Scrape

ewibby11
6 - Meteoroid

I am looking to scrape the data on this website: 

Filtered NADAC (National Average Drug Acquisition Cost) 2023 (medicaid.gov)

Specifically, there is a mass upload on Wednesdays so there is an as of date filter.

They do offer an API on the site but from my research it doesn't pull the needed data:

https://data.medicaid.gov/api/1/metastore/schemas/dataset/items/4a00010a-132b-4e4d-a611-543c9521280f...

Attached is my basic workflow I have been using to try and incorporate the API they provide. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to approach this.

Thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ewibby11 

I don't think you need the API. If you hover over the 'Download CSV' button you'll see it's a link. If you take that link and pass it to a download tool you'll be able to get that same data after some text to column tools.

The URL has the date in it so you could use a formula tool to dynamically update that part of the URL each week 

Luke_C_0-1680709954604.png

ewibby11
6 - Meteoroid

This worked great! Thank you!:) 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Happy to help, @ewibby11! Be sure to mark the solution if you're all set. 

Labels