Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool - Download data from yahoo Finance - "Too Many Requests" error

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a process already built and that was stable to directly download the historical stock prices for a company based on a ticker using AYX and the Download Tool.  This has been working for many months.  I ended up getting a new laptop and tried to run my process for the first time and it is no longer working.  I keep getting a message that states "Too Many Requests" in my download file.

I have my workflow attached in which I am trying to pull the historical prices for APPL for a specific time period and download to a temp file and then read in the temp file with the Dynamic Input.  I have tried downloading to a temp file, to a specific file and even as a string field and all I ever get back is this "Too Many Requests".

So I am wondering if something has changed in Alteryx, do I need to change a setting since I got a new PC, or why all of a sudden this is no longer working once I got the new PC. 

Any help is appreciated!  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @J-Riedel 

Try adding a User-Agent in the header of the Download Tool...

image.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Attaching the workflow,

image.png

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PhilipMannering 

This suggestion worked perfectly and my original process works again!  Thank you very much for the quick response and the setting to add.

I appreciate the help!

Labels