Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Files from Sharepoint 2013

ardsilva
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I need to download PDF files from a SP site and store it locally using Alteryx. In Sharepoint, I tried to get the UNC path by going to Libraries tab and then click on 'Open in Explorer'. But this gave me a relative path "https://share.xx.net/sites/xxx_xxxxx/Lists/Shared Documents/9.xxxxx/xxxxx" . How do I use this link to download the files using alteryx? Or is there any other better way to do this ?

I am pretty new to Alteryx, so any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Antony.

23 REPLIES 23
cam_w
11 - Bolide

@DurgaNavya 

In my case, I'm uploading files to SP. And I'm using the 'Run Command' tool to issue a command line command to copy the files.

It should be noted that this solution works in my environment, so your SharePoint environment might not behave the same. We're using a hosted O365 SP environment at this time.

Note - The issue with this solution on the Alteryx Server turned out to be a filewall issue, so others may find that they are able to use something similar to the above on Server if they don't have the filewall issue.

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

This is good and works fine on designer but on trying to move the flow to Alteryx gallery it shows the following issue.

Any help here please ?

erro.png

Thanks

JFurda
8 - Asteroid

This is exactly the point where I'm stuck. My WF runs flawlessly opening files from Designer. I have another WF that opens files from a network location and passes the credentials just fine. 

I receive errors when saving both of the above referenced WF, but the one that opens files from a network location still runs fine. The one that uses a directory tool to open files from SharePoint gives an error. I would think that invalid credentials (that might not have been passed) would result in a different error instead of 'Invalid Directory'. 

Error running from ServerError running from Server

JennyShen
5 - Atom

Dear Matt,

thank you very much for your solution.

I am a new learner for Alteryx, I can use your solution to locate the file, but when I try to download it to a NAS path using the download tool in Alteryx designer, an error pops up saying "the file can not be accessed by the system". how can I go through with it please? I have a permission greanted service account for the sharepoint url, but I don't know how to use it to solve this problem.

many thanks and looking forward to your feedback!

thanks and Regards,

Jenny

Labels