Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Does Alteryx work on windows VMs such as Parallels Windows 11 Desktop or VMWare Fusion?

shivastrata
6 - Meteoroid

I wanted to see if Alteryx works on Windows VMs on Macs enabled through virtualization software such as Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion, Oracle VBox etc. I am trying to install Alteryx designer on Parallels Windows Desktop but the install silent fails (the worst kind of fail there is :)). I have cleaned out the registry twice now and the install still silently fails. Anyone else has come across this issue? What might be the remedy?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Haven't seen this - and work with a slew of people who use Alteryx on Parallels without this issue. have you turned off/on the virtual machine. - how many megabytes of ram do you have set up for your instance? make sure it's 16 if you can.

shivastrata
6 - Meteoroid

Actually, I found out that the Parallels Windows VM is not the issue. It is the "Predict" tool in the ML workflow that causes a build error. Are the ML tools configured to work on Apple M1 silicon? Reason I ask is the detailed logs show that the error occurs during the build process of the TensorFlow framework. Is the TensorFlow library used the version that works on Apple M1 silicon? I believe Apple silicons require an additional plug-in for Tensorflow. Can you please clarify that your ML tools work on Apple M1 silicon?

Attached is a full stack trace log file for diagnosis.

Labels