Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Does Alteryx have a BETWEEN function or something similar?

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

Does Alteryx Designer have a something similar to a BETWEEN function?  For example, if I wanted to find records with a transaction amount between 1,000 and 5,000 dollars, I could write a formula as follows:

BETWEEN(Transaction_Amount, 1000, 5000) 

And all of the records that had a transaction amount between and including 1,000 and 5,000 would be displayed.

Is there a similar function in Alteryx Designer, or must this expression be written the "long" way:

Transaction_Amount >= 1000 AND Transaction_Amount <= 5000

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

13 REPLIES 13
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mkeiffer - I'm afraid that you will need to write extra 18 characters based on your example. There is no between function in Alteryx. You can find the full list of functions in the documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/functions 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mkeiffer 
If you really hate Min and Max, we can try Bond? but this would also result extra 23 characters. 😁

0406-mkeiffer.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Replace " And " with && to save 3 characters

[Transaction_Amount]>=1000&&[Transaction_Amount]<=5000

I'm actually surprised that that worked.  I would have thought that the parser needed at least one space on either side of the &&

Dan

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu I really like this approach, despite the extra 23 characters! 😀  I tried using the Bound function earlier but I did not add the extra = [Transaction Amount] and now, that approach works as well.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

@danilang and @ArtApa thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer my post as well. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mkeiffer 
Thank you for the feedback and I have also learned how to use this function. 😁

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Qiu The Between function will be available in a few days ! That was an idea proposed by the community (and that's why I encourage everyone to vote for ideas ;)  )
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Add-quot-BETWEEN-quot-as-an-operator...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/You-Are-Invited-to-Alteryx-Public-Preview-23-1/ba-p/10...

Best regards,

Simon

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@simonaubert_bd 
That is nice.

Thanks.
Lets all go there and raise and vote for the ideas. 😁

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@simonaubert_bd  @Qiu 

It is coming soon, since 07-December last year, customs could be delaying its arrival 😀

Arnaldo 

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@ArnaldoSandovalPlease note I wrote a few days, few being everything between (ahaha) 0 and infinite, as much as you consider it to be few. ;)

On a positive side, the beta of 23.1 is here for months so I hope one day we will have a release.

Best regards,

Simon

Labels