Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Disabled containers may not contain interface tools. How to solve this?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Having some issues with this error:

Joker_Hazard_0-1624825017357.png

I am unable to run my app with two different workflows maybe because my Text  Box Tool has connections with both containers.

I will be posting the workflow for this one, might be a little difficult for me create a macro for this.

Thank you very much for the help! 

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Joker_Hazard ,

yes, as the error shows you can't have the text box and the action tool in the container if that container is to be switched off.

I see you have a check box attached to the container, which will result in the box closing. You can't have those tools in a closed container:

mceleavey_0-1624874104530.png

M.

Bulien

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Mceleavey,

Thats not feasible to me, because I need this workflow to work without duplications.

Imagining that each container have text box tools, my application would result being a duplicate in the options that the user chooses. 

Is there any workaround?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Joker_Hazard ,

That's fine, but that's how they work.

I would need to know what you're trying to achieve, but by the sounds of things you will need to chain apps. This would mean the selection on the second app being subject to the selections on the first.

You can learn more about chained apps HERE.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

I was able to solve it doing another thing:

Joker_Hazard_0-1624884997540.png

I put the interface tools outside the container and the check box tool outside both new containers. By doing that I solved the issue. 

Thanks for the help though!

Cfdiaz2103
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Joker_Hazard!

I got the same issue, but then I checked the solution you had posted, and it works fine 😁

Thanks! 

Labels