Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Disable Start Here Pop Up on batch install

Joshua_Hoskins
5 - Atom

Hi, I'm packaging Alteryx Designer 2022.3 for an educational environment and the faculty members are requesting I disable the Start Here pop up.  I can't find anywhere in the forums or online a method to disable this by default.  Asking the students to do this on a per-client basis is my last resort.  I can't find the setting anywhere in the xml files or in the registry.  Anyway someone can point this out for me?  

4 REPLIES 4
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Looks like its a registry key. I tested it out on my machine and was able to turn it off using the key.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\SRC\Alteryx\4.0

Set the ShowResourceGuideWF REG_DWORD to 0 and it should turn it off.

(Insert typical backup your registry and alter at your own risk warning here)

Joshua_Hoskins
5 - Atom

Thank you for the tip, but this doesn't seem to change the default behavior.  New users still see the Start Here window at startup.  Any other ideas?   Much appreciated.

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Once the registry key is updated, it should take care of the Start Here page. The problem is that its an HKCU key so a new one will get created every time a new users logs into the computer. The only "easy" way I can think of is a Group Policy to update that key fore the user object so that when the user logs in, the GPO will update that setting before they launch the app.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Joshua_Hoskins 

The following setting below disables the "Start Here" window (Found in Options --> User Settings --> Edit User Settings in Designer).

Start here.png

Labels