Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory not getting all parent folders

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I want to extract all folder names from a path

Ie path  O:\Alteryx\Community\ParentToExtract1\Nov\20\Test

But I want to get all folders under community. Ie O:\Alteryx\Community\ParentToExtract1   , O:\Alteryx\Community\ParentToExtract2, O:\Alteryx\Community\ParentToExtract3.

seems like my directory tool is not extracting them all. How can I do this properly and get all parent names folders, I dont need the subfolders of the parent.

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @wonka1234 

try this configuration for the directory input tool

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669047187538.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Felipe_Ribeir0  is there an instance where a parent folder would not be returned? Ie if there is no actual file within the parent?

I am missing some of the folders that should be in my directory.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@wonka1234 these directories that you are missing have some file inside? If they do not have any file inside, unfortunately this tool will not be able to map the folder.

There is even an idea accepting votes to make this tool show empty directories: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Directory-Tool-Empty-Folders/idi-p/168419

Labels