Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desktop Automation with BigQuery ODBC

anthony_fiel
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx Version:  2024.1.1.93 Patch: 3

Simba BQ ODBC Version:  3.0.5.1011

I am able to setup a DCM connection and successfully run queries manually, but when I schedule them, they hang indefinitely.  The ODBC driver is DSN and in the connection manager i'm able to connect to BigQuery using google credentials.

Previously I setup System DSN ODBC with no issues in automation.  Do i have to go back to previous version?

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
19 - Altair

when you say "google credentials" do you mean oauth? how long is your token for? if your token expires no automation (alteryx or otherwise) can occur. If you mean JWT - could be lack of Python connectivity in desktop automation/scheduler.

anthony_fiel
8 - Asteroid

Screenshot 2024-08-13 092653.jpg

Yes, OAuth.  It opens a window and has me select my email.

anthony_fiel
8 - Asteroid

I'm also testing it immediately, so it should still be signed in.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Yeah - so that can't really wortk with desktop automation because it's user specific and expires fairly fast - and clearly my question on what "Google Credentials" means should be directed to whoever built the DCM interface verbiage. Desktop Automation should be system specific vs user specific.

anthony_fiel
8 - Asteroid

downgraded Alteryx to 2023.2.  created an ODBC connection to the system DSN (simba), and everything is working again.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Then let's blame it on the python.

Labels