Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deleting duplicate if a certain condition met by 1 duplicate already

noob_noodle
7 - Meteor

Hello there,

im totally new to alteryx and i have to do a task at work, I found multple solutions to my problem which were more complex but i couldnt manage to apply them to my problem. 

Here is mine. I managed to collect the data from different ressources, cleansed them, changed the format and joined them. 

Now i have the following list as example 

example_alteryx.png

If a row contains the godname and the area is olymp i want to keep that row. Any other row which contains the godname but has are not olymp should be deleted. The rest should stay untouched even if they are duplicates. The solution should look like this: 

example_alteryx2.png

Please dont be mad at me because it might be simple. Im new to SQL and alteryx and really tried multiple things like summarize, filter, join and union. 

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
noob_noodle
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the fast reply but its not the solution im seeking.

I can apply a simple filter and also can use the unique tool but thats not help.

I attached the situation and the solution i need as an excel file. 

I only want to delete the rows if they are duplicates and the unqiue one contains "olymp" as area. If they are duplicate and the area of the rows are empty i want to keep them. 

I just need to delete duplicates if there was same name before and it contained "olymp" 

noob_noodle
7 - Meteor

Anyone any idea ? 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @noob_noodle 

Try this:

1. Summarize tool to figure out if the god has area populated using the max function
  2. Join the max area back to the dataset
  3. Filter to records where the area is populated AND where no area is populated for any records based on the summarize

Let me know if you have any questions, please accept the solution if you're all set.

Luke_C_0-1648579993768.png

noob_noodle
7 - Meteor

It’s 11pm. I will try this tomorrow at work. Thank for helping already 

noob_noodle
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much mate ! it worked. I really appreciate it! 

Labels