Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deleting Multiple rows

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have an excel file with me. i want to to only keep the first 3 copies of the same word and want to delete all the other. Can this be done? I am sharing the excel file containing the input file and the desired output too. Can anyone please help me with this?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G 

Here is how you can do it. Use sample tool to keep first 3 rows groupby on the key column.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628685816773.png

Hope this helps : )

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G,

I have a feeling that you have just started with Alteryx. 

I would strongly recommend going through this learning path:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117

You will learn some basics and you will build your first workflows in no time!

Besides that sample tool that @atcodedog05 pointed out will work like a dream for you. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G 

Just adding to @Emil_Kos list.

Here is an interactive lesson on sample tool to get better understanding of usage 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Sampling-Data/ta-p/85807#done

Hope this helps : )

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

thanks you @atcodedog05  and @Emil_Kos . As you sai, i have just started alteryx. but the solution really helped @atcodedog05 . Thanks a lot

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Govind_Dileep_G 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Govind_Dileep_G,

I just wanted to let you know that there is a course that is designed for newcomers. It is fine if you will ask questions but if you will invest a time to take this learning path you will be a good track to become Alteryx pro 🙂 

Labels