Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete zip files

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

my workflow is downloading zip files and pulling the data in Alteryx databases. Is there a way to delete the Zip files after the databases are filled?

Thanks and best regards,

Wolfgang

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wolfgangh ,

Yes, there is a way!

Take a look at this link https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Run-Command/ta-p/31548 

It teaches you how to use run command to various things, you of each, exactly what you want.

"Using batch files/commands (IntroductionPart 1Part 2Part 3 - these files/scripts are often used to move/delete/zip files and folders or interact with FTP)"

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

This is a really good idea. The only issue I can not come across is on how to get a relative path in the batch file.The user is unpacking the workflow package in any folder, so how do I get the destination directory into my batch file?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wolfgangh ,

You could use the workflow directory constant to build your batch file.

fmvizcaino_0-1581537184035.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

That is the right way to go. I will use an interface tool to update the value.

Do you have an idea, how I can get workflow directory with the expression editor written out?

I can not get it to work

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wolfgangh ,

Would you be able to show your idea, as I'm thinking, you don't need to use a action tool, but maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.

Best,

FErnando Vizcaino

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

I basically need the workflow directory in the text input, so that I can update the link in the batch file. Thanks for your help

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@wolfgangh ,

I think it is better to use the constant in a formula tool. One idea is for you to include it in the string you are building inside your formula tool. Another one is to use a replace function where you change something for the workflow directory constant.

Did that make sense?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels