Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Deep Understanding of Fuzzy Matching

victorialee
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm trying to understand what the logic behind the fuzzy matching is and was hoping someone could explain it to me. I do understand that you must generate keys and then apply a match function to the keys generated, but I'm wondering what the match key output is signifying? Is it the match between the two generated keys based on the match function selected? Is there a way to see what the generated key per field is so that you understand what you are comparing and therefore understand what the matchkey and matchscore are?? Last question is when you decide to generate keys for each word, how does that alter what the matchkey is, or does that entirely depend on your selection of they way you are choosing to generate the key?

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @victorialee 

I strongly recommend you to see this training video:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Fuzzy-Matching-Intermediate-Users/m-p/43852

It goes a little bit deeper into some questions you pointed out.

Cheers,

victorialee
5 - Atom

Ah, I had watched the more outdated one. The one you linked was perfect, thank you @Thableaus 

Labels