Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTime

MarkPitcock
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to convert V_String data type to DateTime formatt using DateTime Tool. The current V_String is DC/01/20 which is the equivalent to 01 Dec 2020. I'm struggling to specify the formatt for the incoming string. I sense that I may need to use Regex tool. Here are more example of dates that I am trying to convert: NV/24/20 (24 November 2015); AP/07/11 (11 April 2011). Any help is much apprecaited 

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MarkPitcock,

If you will create a mapping with a proper name of the month you can use Find and replace tool in order to achieve the correct date format.
Just create a proper mapping file as the second text input tool and my solution should work for you perfectly:

Emil_Kos_0-1607950037090.png

The ouput:

Emil_Kos_1-1607950053378.png

Please mark my post as a solution if this was helpful for you.

Good luck!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MarkPitcock,

Please see below

messi007_0-1607950566708.png

Attached the workflow.

Hope that helps!

Regards

MarkPitcock
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much. i wish I'd have thought of that 

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi @MarkPitcock 

Please check the attachment. You are absolutely right that, the main problem here is the Date format. You can also use Find and Replace tool. But for that you need another file. Here I use Formula tool to change the given date format. Hope it fulfil your requirement.

arundhuti726_0-1607952232832.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MarkPitcock,

Happy to help!

MarkPitcock
7 - Meteor

Thank you this will work as well 

Labels