Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Date format for SFDC Data Loader File in CSV

allwynbazil
Astéroïde

Team,

I am preparing the Data Loader file in the workflow to create the cases in SFDC. However, the date format will be a big challenge while exporting the data in CSV. Data Loader accepts only CSV files, and the date format should be either YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. It accepts DD/MM/YYYY as well. 

allwynbazil_0-1675413377940.png

The above date format will be changed to DD-MM-YYYY in csv and the data loader throws the error "Failed to Parse Date field". I am not sure how to get the dates in required format for data loader. Please help.

Regards,

Alwin

11 RÉPONSES 11
ShankerV
Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please be informed that, I have tried to mock up your scenario.

However I was not able to see any changes in the date format when exported to CSV.

Could you please share few more screenshots to investigate further in your case.

ShankerV_0-1675414259843.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
Astéroïde

Hello Shanker,

Thanks for checking the issue. MM/DD/YYYY is working fine. DD/MM/YYYY is still having the issue. Attached is the test workflow for your reference.

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please see the output of your attached workflow run on my system with no errors and correct output too.

ShankerV_0-1675416930196.png

ShankerV_1-1675416940369.png

Can you please share the error message which throws on your system.

Your help to share the test file is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
Astéroïde

Hello Shanker,

Please check my attached WF. It looks good at the results pane. However, if I extract the data in CSV, only a few values are converted to MM/DD/YY.

And also, is there a way to replace a character below with the proper alphabet (E, e)?  Sorry for the other question in the same thread.

allwynbazil_0-1675591690472.png

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

The testdata (input file) is missing. Could you please share it to proceed checking the workflow.

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
Astéroïde

Thanks for checking @ShankerV . It opens fine in Notepad. But not sure how to retain the format in CSV.

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

As per the attached workflow and the output from the file.

I still do not see any changes happened while saved in .csv format from the the Alteryx result.

ShankerV_0-1675606388446.png

Could you please highlight where there is the output problem in .csv.

Can you help in highlighting the issue.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Could you please confirm whether are you referring to this error message displayed.

FYI, But the output saved in .CSV format was correct. 

ShankerV_0-1675606668437.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
Astéroïde

Please check the screenshot of my CSV output. The format is different here.

allwynbazil_0-1675607427346.png

Regards,

Alwin

Étiquettes