Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Date Time Difference at Email Subject Line & Individual Level

kpontarollo
Asteroide

Hi! 

I need to calculate the date time difference between and email open and an email delivered at the email subject line level & individual level. I attached an excel document for context, having trouble wrapping my head around where to begin with this one!

Thanks for the help!

Email Avg Open Time Example.png

9 RESPOSTAS 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
Please provide a text or Excel input.

And what do you mean by "Individual level"? meaning for each Name, the time diff between the first email received and the last email opened?

kpontarollo
Asteroide

Hi @Qiu 

Thanks for answering! I did put my excel input example. Yes, when I say individual level.. I mean by name. So I need to see for example (and also shown in attachment) the time difference that specifically Robyn was delivered an email by subject line X and opened an email for subject line. Any insight would be so helpful! Thank you! 

kpontarollo
Asteroide

Email Avg Open Time Example.png

kpontarollo
Asteroide

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
We can do a DateTImeDiff Formula tool to calcuate the time difference.
Can you upload the txt input?

kpontarollo
Asteroide

@Qiu here is the excel input- I really appreciate it!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
First we can parse your Time Stamp to a DateTime format of Alteryx, then group by Name or Subject line, respectively.

0111-kpontarollo-A.png0111-kpontarollo-B.png

kpontarollo
Asteroide

@Qiu This is great!! But is there a way to do it together? The name AND the email subject line? So, if I want to count how many Robyn had for email subject line "Rent a Car Today!" 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 

You can simply change the way of Grouping in the Summarize Tool

0111-kpontarollo-C.png

Rótulos