Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Filter_Filter-In DB

surekasuraj44
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I want to filter the data for date greater than 2020-06-01 using Filter-In DB, however the system is showing and error:

Error: Filter In-DB (7): DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the query: "WITH "Tool1_a9b1" AS (select *
from MISRETAIL.CUBE$POSBILLDET@DB_LINK_TO_OLTP) SELECT * FROM "Tool1_a9b1" WHERE "BILLDATE" > 2020-06-01 00:00:00" Error: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended.

Request if anyone can help me with the same.

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @surekasuraj44 

It seems you're using Oracle, so it's a bit picky on SQL and formats.

The filter you want should work if set this way

"BILLDATE" > TO_DATE('2020-06-01 00:00:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')

Use a Filter In-DB tool and insert this.

Cheers, 

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

surekasuraj44
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Many thanks for the solution.

Gooley
6 - Meteoroid

This worked for me with my IN-DB date filter problem as well. Thanks for the simple and clear solution!

Labels