Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data doesn't show up in output file

SophieTran1
6 - Meteoroid

I have several same exact workflow, however, 2 of the workflows do not output any data to excel at all. All other output work perfectly. 

I am using a macro provided from PwC (attached below) and this particular workflow keeps getting stuck at the output step

SophieTran1_0-1632239079948.png

Then I got this error 

SophieTran1_1-1632239140996.png

SophieTran1_2-1632239154966.png

There is nothing different that I made for all these workflow except the input. Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @SophieTran1 ,

the two most common problems causing this error are an incorrect filename or an already opened file. I would suggest to add something like MsgBox( strFilepath) to check, if the name causes the problem. Does it happen always with the same output files? Is there a specific name?

Best,

Roland

SophieTran1
6 - Meteoroid

I am writing the data to an existing file. So the output is linked to that specific file. I have 5 identical workflows with just different input data. This works for 3 out of 5. So I am not sure what the issue is 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels