Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Visualization with Alteryx

AbhinavMal1k
5 - Atom

How to use Alteryx as a data visualization tool after preparing workflow for data at the end of the output excel file I need data visualization with the output in excel.  I don't know to visualize the data which tool to use to visualize, And in future if I ever had to change the input file with the same format input file but with different data. It should show me the result in output file.

4 REPLIES 4
Dina
9 - Comet

To output data in Excel, you need to connect your finalized result with "Output Data" Tool. Here is the documentation about it. https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/output-data-tool.

If your input has the same format, you can just update the file path in the "Input Data" tool. Once you run the workflow again, it should give you the result with the refreshed data. This is the documentation about "Input Data tool". https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/input-data-tool.

AbhinavMal1k
5 - Atom

I want the output in Bar chart and pie chart and numbers just like we use tableau but I want to want to use alteryx as visualization tool for my data in the output tool i have to snip those bar chart so that i can paste them into my excel file but it won't update with data. i know all the intermediate things in alteryx but i want to know that if i can show the visualization in my excel file with my data using alteryx tools and how can i do it, which tool to use?

Dina
9 - Comet

Then you are looking for Reporting tools, which you can find a collection of those under "Reporting". For the bar chart and pie chart, you need the tool "Interactive Chart". This interactive chart tool can only create one chart at a time. Once you have your charts created, connect them "Join" Tool and "Join by Record Position". After that you can use a "Layout" tool configure it. If you need output the charts to excel, you need "Render" tool. 

AbhinavMal1k
5 - Atom

Thanks! for the help.

Labels