Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Stacked in Columns

seth_fuller
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I have a bit of a interesting dilemma I'm trying to work through. The dataset I received has a strange setup. Due to some kind of formatting issue with the exporting of this data, all the data associated with an order is populating amongst different rows. I shared an example attached. I highlighted the rows of data that should all be included on a single row, or at a minimum be able to attach an new/existing Order ID to the data to be able to match it together. The basic setup is Row 1 has columns, Row 2 has data for those columns, Row 3 has 4 more categories that should be columns, and Row 4 has data for the intended column headers on Row 3. (Note: some of the data for Row 3 has multiple rows meaning multiple orders.)

Ultimately, I am trying to get all the data from a specific order to populate on the same row so that I can do my further analysis. Looking for some magic at this point ha!

Tha

2 REPLIES 2
usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@seth_fuller - please see attached workflow. I'm not sure how you wanted to handle multiple orders, so review the workflow and let me if you wanted something different. Hope this helps get you started on what you're looking for!  

seth_fuller
6 - Meteoroid

@usmanbashir this is incredible and exactly what I needed. I will take it from here. Thank you so much!

Labels