Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DESIGNER 2022.1 - No Predictive Analytics Tools installed

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

Heya folks, I would raise a case with support but cannot log on. Apparently, there is disagreement between the email address that my company registered my lic using, and my profile email address, which I cannot reconcile because of the SSO across too many platforms and another apparent inability to add a secondary email address to my Alteryx account profile.

Now to my problem, I am on Designer 2022.1 (we cannot go higher due to compatibility with our current server version), and my install (Admin Version) does not include the Predictive Analytics tools (linear regression... etc.) required for me to drop onto a canvas and test against in my advanced cert journey. I have already downloaded and installed Predictive_Analytics_Starter_Kit.yxi which gives me the sample workflows and help documentation in Designer, however, without the tools, I cannot use them.

OK... users, any of you, have you overcome any of these issues? If so, how?

9 REPLIES 9
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You shouldn’t need to log on to anything to send an email to Support - email Mission Control

Otherwise i’d ask someone who has access to download the 2022.1 admin predictive tools and send them over to you!

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

@alexnajm  Not to belabor the question, but, you say email Mission Control... at what email address? As to the predictive tools, where are they in order to download them? I can find the starter kits, but they do not seem to include the tools. So...??? They are not in my download center. This reply is not helpful.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

First off, commenting "this reply is not helpful" is unlikely to get you help in the future so please be mindful - this is a community that is only trying to help get answers to your questions.

Second, I am not sure why but I had typed out "support   @ alteryx.com" in my original response and it changed somehow to "Mission Control". That's the email I'd use.

Thirdly you pointed out exactly where the Predictive tools are - in the download center. They are in the same section as Alteryx Designer.

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

The predictive tools are not in the download center. I don't know how to be more clear. Here is a screen shot of the download center and what it looks like now in my experience. If this is helpful to anyone (you or otherwise) here it is... and, no tools. So, again, sorry if you got offended, that's not my intent. Thank you for adding an email address. I'll try that. If anyone else in community is having issues with their logon like those described above, please, let me know how you solved them. Thanks,

No tool setsNo tool sets

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

As mentioned, they are in the same section as Alteryx Designer. Click Download next to Alteryx Designer, select the version that matches yours (2022.1), and you should find the Predictive tools listed.

Mission Control Predictive Tools.PNG

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

That is not what I see. I see the attached.

NOTES.PNG

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You aren’t selecting the version and clicking next…

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

Awesome! Thank you for that, now, hopefully the SSO issues can be resolved via email. Fingers X'd.

BrianJohnson
8 - Asteroid

I had been following the same instructions and wasn't going far enough until I read this thread.  My first impression when presented with the Designer and download that it was going to try to re-download Designer, but when I selected Download, then was able to pick the version of my current Designer, I did get to that screen that allowed me to download the Predictive Tools.  It worked perfectly.

Thank you both - for raising the question and the answer!

Brian

Labels