Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DCM Error - The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it

KisanNetwork
5 - Atom

When connecting from the DCM in Alteryx to Google Analytics I get an "Authorization granted" message in the browser. But when I go to the Alteryx Designer I get this message " The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it." I am unable to overcome this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

hi @KisanNetwork 

In Alteryx Server admin menu, DCM shall be shared to the users who want to use it. If this is the case, please go to Server admin menu, or consult with your company's server admin.

KisanNetwork
5 - Atom

I am trying to connect with Alteryx Desktop Designer

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sorry, please ignore my response.

AlaRed
5 - Atom

Getting same error message here.  Did you ever get a solution?  If so, what was it, please?

warrencowan
9 - Comet

havin tghe same issue, did anyone find a resolution

julioherrera
6 - Meteoroid

When connecting from Alteryx's DCM (Data Connection Manager) to Google Analytics, you receive an "Authorization granted" message in the browser. However, in Alteryx Designer, you encounter the error "The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it." This issue typically arises due to permission settings or OAuth token problems. Possible solutions include:

Ensure Correct Permissions: Verify that the Google account used has the necessary permissions to access the desired Google Analytics data.
Reauthenticate: Try disconnecting and reconnecting the Google Analytics account within Alteryx to refresh the OAuth tokens.
Check Alteryx Configuration: Ensure that Alteryx Designer is correctly configured to use the updated authorization credentials.
Review API Limits and Settings: Confirm that API quotas and settings within the Google Analytics account are not restricting access.

If the problem persists, consulting Alteryx and Google Analytics support for further troubleshooting may be necessary.

Labels