Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cyrillic, Greek and Hebrew Characters Not Being Displayed Correcly in Alteryx

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to read data from a MySQL Server database using the Connect In-DB tool to be written to another database. I just noticed that Cyrillic, Greek and Hebrew characters aren't being displayed correctly and instead are being displayed as a series of question marks.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Deano478
12 - Quasar

hey @RonGatmaitan this usually means that the encoding was used so you'll will need to choose the correct code page for your non-English character sets

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @Deano478. How do I do that?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

MySQL I believe allows you to choose between ANSI and UTF8 at the driver level. Make sure your ODBC 64 is configured for UTF8.

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @apathetichell. Turns out the MySQL driver I'm using actually has 2 versions - ANSI and Unicode. I just had to use the Unicode driver. Accepting your answer as solution. Thank you!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

That was my memory (which is pretty bad) but when I went to the Oracle download page I didn't see the dueling drivers - I just remembered it had something to do with ANSI vs Unicode options (and I do see my MySQL is labeled specifically as Ansi) Could be that I used a different link for the drivers... note - Postgres does something similar.

Labels