Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Customers' Segmentation

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have a cleaned and organized file, which has the information of the donors for the charity organization. The data which I have is that:

1- Donor phone number.

2- Number of donations of each donor.

3- Total amount of donations of each donor.

4- The last time a donation was made (in days and date).

I'm looking for to have the best way to segments the customers for marketing campaign purposes. 

I have attached a sample file data but without customer phone numbers due to privacy. 

Thanks in advance for your kind support and help.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Feras95p Can you provide some expected results?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Feras95p 

In exploring the sample data, you provided I think you would want to segment your data based on 2 factors:

1) donation thresholds

2) last donation amount

For example, you could segment your data into 4 donation amount categories any tailor your message based on the amount of money donated:

0-50 

50-100

100-150

150+

From there you could also do an overlay of last time a donation was made to assess whether you would want to reach out again or not.

It would be interesting to also see if certain donors make donations on a recurring basis (i.e give $10 every month) as this is probably a segment of the population you would want to target differently.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gautiergodard ,

Thanks for your reply! 

You’re right, I should take into account the donors who used to donate each certain of period. 

I was looking like to group the donors, who are active

about to sleep

sleep

lost

I’m not sure yet what is the best segments and how many groups should I divided the donors before starting the marketing campaign.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs ,

Thanks for replying to my post and trying to help!

Actually I’m not looking for a specific output or exact solution, I explained my case and I attached the sample data and I’m opened for any kind of suggestions or solutions that can help me to segments or group the customers based on the data which I have before starting the marketing campaign to communicate with each groups or segments separately.

Labels