Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Current Quarter, Y/Y and Q/Q Sales

dimps20
5 - Atom

I am new to Alteryx. I need to create the workflow with normalized Y/Y and Q/Q values. For example I need to compare the first 3 days of June 2021 to the Prior quarter which will be first 3 days of March and Prior Year will be first 3 days of June 2020. Attached is my workflow which has Month, Quarter and month day.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi,

Your data didn't post with your workflow but I'd suspect based upon how you are force converting the dates in a select tool that you aren't converting to alteryx friendly dates. datetimeparse([date],"%Y-%m-%d") is the command to convert (where [date] is your field and it's ordered as YYYY-MM-DD) would be a conversion command.

dimps20
5 - Atom

I am sorry for not posting my workflow. and not be specific. I have attached it this time. I have two file types for each quarter. One is aggregate and other is non aggregate with month day. I need CQ, Previous Year and Previous Quarter sales. For example, if the Quarter includes months (May, June and July), I need whole May month sales and 3 business days sales for June month in CQ, same logic will apply for Previous Quarter which includes (Feb, March and April), it will include whole Feb month sales and 3 business days for March month and for Previous Year - whole May month and 3 business days sales for June month.

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @dimps20 ,

Data from files can not be shared with an 'yxmd' extension.

You will have to EXPORT the workflow into an ALteryx packaged file ('yxzp' extension).

Share that packaged file.

OR

Copy your sample data and paste it into TEXT INPUT tool and then you can share a normal Alteryx workflow.

Regards,

Shreyansh

dimps20
5 - Atom

I have attached Alteryx packaged file ('yxzp' extension). Thank you!

Labels