Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab Tool Changes Column Name (it removes " #"), but I need it!

jaygerbs
7 - Meteor

I need the column names to match for when I do a union, but the cross tab tool changes the name.  I need to use the cross tab feature with autoconfigure union tool b/c it may add/remove columns each time the workflow is run.

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jaygerbs can you attach the data in your workflow? As it's not zipped, this isn't included! Thanks :)

jaygerbs
7 - Meteor
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jaygerbs you'll need to either package the workflow (export - see screenshot below) and make sure the data file is contained, or just upload the Excel here. At the moment the Input Data tool just points to a location on your machine and so when you send it to others/upload here, when we go to use it we obviously can't connect/access that file. Packaging creates a zipped workflow with the Excel contained within as an asset.

DataNath_0-1675959907093.png

jaygerbs
7 - Meteor

@DataNath I got ya know, I think.....  sorry!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Lovely, thanks @jaygerbs! How does this look?

DataNath_0-1675960207301.png

Basically in the Cross-Tab, special characters (like spaces/# symbol) are replaced by underscore. Therefore, before the Cross-Tab we can create a lookup by doing these replacements ourselves. After the CT we then just look for the hyphen-replaced field names and replace them with our desired headers:

DataNath_1-1675960286277.pngDataNath_2-1675960297305.png

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions.

jaygerbs
7 - Meteor

@DataNath thanks a bunch!

Labels