Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cross Tab Order After Transposing

kbirdkeith
5 - Atom

I am trying to figure out how to not have the cross tab be in alphabetical order.  I cannot use the record ID because I have transposed data right before adding the cross tab.  I cannot figure out how to add the record ID before the crosstab because the data is transposed and there would be too many record id's to group by.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That's why you always have to select an aggregation method (sum, concatenate, first, etc).

Can you share some data and desired output perhaps?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Just FYI, one way people often set the order of columns (without just using the Select tool) is by doing a union with the fields in the correct order but with zero records. This approach can maintain the incoming field order. See an example attached.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kbirdkeith 

I wrote a blog post about some quirks with the crosstab tool a while ago. The post itself doesn't address the reordering of columns, but scroll down to the last comment by @jessec for a great example of how to deal with this.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Can-the-real-Field-Name-please-stand-up/ba-p/611088

Labels