Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cross Tab Order After Transposing

kbirdkeith
5 - Atom

I am trying to figure out how to not have the cross tab be in alphabetical order.  I cannot use the record ID because I have transposed data right before adding the cross tab.  I cannot figure out how to add the record ID before the crosstab because the data is transposed and there would be too many record id's to group by.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

That's why you always have to select an aggregation method (sum, concatenate, first, etc).

Can you share some data and desired output perhaps?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Just FYI, one way people often set the order of columns (without just using the Select tool) is by doing a union with the fields in the correct order but with zero records. This approach can maintain the incoming field order. See an example attached.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kbirdkeith 

I wrote a blog post about some quirks with the crosstab tool a while ago. The post itself doesn't address the reordering of columns, but scroll down to the last comment by @jessec for a great example of how to deal with this.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Can-the-real-Field-Name-please-stand-up/ba-p/611088

Labels