Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew macros - how to change tool palette titles

james204
8 - Asteroid

I have installed the Crew macro pack into a Macros folder on a shared network drive, G:/.../Macros/CReW Macros:

Capture2.PNG

However, in Alteryx the macros appear in my tool palette as follows:

Capture3.PNG

Is there any way to tidy up the category names as appearing in the tool palette? Please note, the location at G:/.../Macros/ is saved as the default location for macros in my user settings.

3 REPLIES 3
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

when you open each individual macro, under the Workflow - Configuration - Meta Info tab there is a "Tool Palette" section with a Category Name.

If you have no Category name specified, macros appear in their relative subfolder.  If you specify a Category name, they will appear in that folder.

claje_macrocategory.PNG

Hope this helps!

james204
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Claje for the reply.

This method appears to work. Is there any way to change this setting for all macros in the Crew pack, or do I have to open and edit each one individually?

Edit: There are multiple users using this macro pack, hence why it is saved on a network drive. Editing the category for each individual macro for each user is not ideal.

james204
8 - Asteroid

I appear to have resolved the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the Crew macro pack.

Labels