Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating macro to update output filename to s3 dynamically

rimaissa
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Trying to get a macro built to get my output filename to s3 append the date so it doesn't overwrite the previous record when scheduled. I attached a workflow below. I'm unsure which formula I should use in the Action tool to get the filename to append the date. I've tried "filename"+DateTimeNow() but when I run the workflow it doesn't append the data. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@rimaissa 

I think we should use a formula tool to form the required before before the upload tool.

I dont have an AWS account, so sorry can not really test it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Amazon-S3-Upload-and-D...

1205-rimaissa.PNG1205-rimaissa1.PNG

rimaissa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Thanks for the reply! I'm confused on what I need to add to the formula of the action tool:

rimaissa_0-1607360525777.png

It just errors and says unknown variable. 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@rimaissa 

For the control parameter tool, we have to connect with some string that is the file you are inputting.

Sorry I can not really test for you since no AWS account.

Labels