Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a 4 quadrant matrix

christopherKiener12
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create a 4 quadrant matrix similar to the one in the screenshot below. If you could please help with a solution that would be much appreciated

christopherKiener12_0-1680786406054.png

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @christopherKiener12 

Can you give us more details?  What does your input data look like?  Is it supposed to act like a Magic Quadrant?

Dan

christopherKiener12
7 - Meteor

Hi, no not a magic quadrant. Its to show predicted vs actual. for example the first quadrant. 5 were forecasted y and 5 resulted in actual y. Quadrant 2, 1 was forecasted y and resulted in actual of n. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@christopherKiener12 

Can you provide some sample input data?

Dan

christopherKiener12
7 - Meteor
YYYNNN
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks

Is YN different from NY, i.e. Cell 2,1 is different from cell 1,2

Dan

christopherKiener12
7 - Meteor

it is, sorry I forgot to include that combination. YN is forecasted Y actual N and NY is forecasted N actual Y 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@christopherKiener12 

Here you go

danilang_0-1680791674682.png

Sum all the columns and transpose.  Add the row and column names, crosstab and sort...because the Crosstab tool has it's own ideas about column and row order.    Rename the columns to Y/N and use a space as the first column name to make it appear blank.

danilang_0-1680791841933.png

Dan  

Labels