Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Time Series Sales Forecasting for multiple companies.

salkhafaji
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a database that has sales data for several different companies.  I would like to run a forecasting analysis for all of them.  I created a workflow using ETS and TS Forecast tool.  I am able to only run one company at a time.  I would like to scale it to show me the forecast for multiple companies.    

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

build your ETS tool/forecast in a macro(batch for example) and feed in data that way. ETS/TS Forecast revolves around exactly 1 dependent variable. multiple companies means multiple dependent variables.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @salkhafaji - As it was told, you'd need a batch macro. Here is where you can learn about Alteryx Macros: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @salkhafaji ,

there are two tools you could try, if you don't want to use a batch macro:

TS Model Factory

TS Forecast Factory 

You can download the tools from the Alteryx Gallery., they allow to create time series forecasts for multiple companies (or products) , but the configuration options are a bit limited compared to the  ETS/ARIMA tools.

Best,

Roland

salkhafaji
6 - Meteoroid

I tried using those tools but it errors me out.   I have it grouped by company id, target variable for sales, and time period annually.  When I change the group by to years it runs with out err, but I dont get the desired forecast per company as desired.  Any idea as to how to get the desired effect using that tool?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you post some data? Are you running it in a batch macro or the model factory?

Labels