Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create two Tabs From one Input File In Excel

kal-tech
7 - Meteor

I have one input file. I want to slice and dice the data from the input file to create an output file with two tabs as shown below:

(a) The first column in the output file should be an incremental number like 1, 2, 3, etc.
(b) The top row of the output file should have a fill color of yellow and a font color of blue.
(c) Freeze the top row of both tabs in the output file.

Looking for your advice and suggestions.

Input File

CodeNameType
FR123AppleFruit
VG1956CarrotVegetables
VG203OnionVegetables
FR456GrapesFruit

One Output File with two Tabs

Tab-1 - Fruit

#CodeNameType
1FR123AppleFruit
2FR456GrapesFruit

Tab 2 - Vegetables

#CodeNameType
1VG1956CarrotVegetables
2VG203OnionVegetables
5 REPLIES 5
terry10
12 - Quasar

@kal-tech 

Really simple to do! Use the Take File/Table Name from Field and pick your Type column.

If my reply help you, please marked as an accepted solution. Thank you!

Capture.PNG

terry10
12 - Quasar

To format the Excel sheet, you can use a blob template.

https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

Also reposted here.

kal-tech
7 - Meteor

(a) The first column in the output file should be an incremental number like 1, 2, 3, etc.   - COMPLETED
(b) The top row of the output file should have a fill color of yellow and a font color of blue. - PENDING
(c) Freeze the top row of both tabs in the output file. - PENDING

Raj
15 - Aurora

@kal-tech 
Please find attached
mark done if solved

Regards
Raj

kal-tech
7 - Meteor

Raj - Yes, the top header row background and font color are working perfectly. Thank you very much. Is there a way to

(a) freeze the top header row

(b) add a filter in both tabs in the spreadsheet?

Labels