Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create report that contain the criterias/selections from interface (analytic app)

Afournier
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

We created an analytic app with an interface that permit user to choose: 

- Location of the input files 

- Location of the result file 

- Select from a drop down menu 

- Select from a list box 

- Select from a calendar (date)

We would like that in the result file created with the reporting tool render, we would have a seperate tab that contain what the user choose in the interface.

The purpose would be that each time a user use the analytic app, they would be able to know what is the selection/criteria they selected to create the report. It would be use to keep a trace for each file.    

Thanks for your help! 

Alex 

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Afournier I have done something similar before I used a second action tool with every interface to update a Text input in your case would have five fields. Then when the app is run the text input is updated with the user inputs and then you can output accordingly.

Tung_Nguyen123
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Can you share with me the example of your workflow?

Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tung_Nguyen123 ,

Can you post it as a new Question.

I can help you with your task. Please give a brief description of the task and some sample data.

Tung_Nguyen123
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 

I have raised a new question and attached workflow.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Create-summary-report-that-contain-the...

Please help. Much thanks.

Tung

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tung_Nguyen123 

Sure will look into it and get back to you 🙂

Labels