Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a new column in Workflow that increases value with each record

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a new column in my workflow in Alteryx where i start with the value 0 and then I increase this amount by 60 for each subsequent record.  So I would like my output to look like as follows:

Record            Time Value

1                      0

2                      60

3                      120

4                      180

5                      240

I attempted to do this by using the Generate Rows tool, but no matter how I configured the tool, the number of rows being generated were higher than the original record count of the file.

I would like to create this column in my workflow (starting at 0 and increasing the value for each subsequent record by 60), but I do not want to add any additional records/rows to my dataset.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mkeiffer one approach would be to use the Multi_Row tool to achieve this I mocked up an approach which showcases how this might work.

multi_row_01052023.JPG

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis This did the trick!  Thank you so much for sharing this solution and also for responding so quickly.

Hope you have a great day!

Mike

Labels