Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Covering excel Number to the date format

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have Number  and need to convert it as Date format. In Excel that number is showing as date.

Is there any formula or tool I need to use to convert it.

Kavya432_0-1572892396899.png

Thanks Kavya

6 REPLIES 6
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kavya432 you might find this post helpful where @JordanB  has built a workflow that solves this.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-convert-the-Excel-numerical-dat... 

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thanks,

Tried to implement  the same but somehow getting an error message

Kavya432_0-1572894760080.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kavya432 is your Course_Date field a string it would need to be a numeric field you could use a select and change the field type or us ToNumber([Course)_Date]) in your formula.

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thank you

It works with number but not with date. The first screenshot if you see it has combination of number and date. For number its working fine but for date its not. Any idea should be appreciated.

Kavya432_0-1572896154242.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kavya432 I would have a filter looking for date formats one idea could be contains "-" then everything that doesn't have a "-" then apply that formula to convert to date then use a union tools to bring your data back together. 

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Joseph! Its worked!

Labels