Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Core Certification Grade - How unlucky can it be?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello all. Anyone had the same result as I did? First try and thats so depressing.

Joker_Hazard_0-1661014033056.png

12 REPLIES 12
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Joker_Hazard it can definitely be discouraging but you'll get it next time. I think all the certifications took me at least 2 tries.

Use the feedback from the exam by category and do some practice around those areas and you'll get it in no time.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Joker_Hazard least next week you know you have a great chance of passing 😅 Likewise with @Luke_C I did not pass the Core first time. 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Joker_Hazard 
You are already super considering this is your first attempt. 

Sure you will get it done next time. 🙂

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thank you for the amazing support!!!! 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Unlucky @Joker_Hazard, but as others have said, that’s a fantastic effort especially for a first attempt! The percentage breakdown is fantastic for pinpointing areas to work on. If you have anything you struggled with particularly that you’re struggling to wrap your head round then give us a shout and we can give some pointers! Would even be happy to hop on a call! Best of luck for the next go - you’ll smash it!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Joker_Hazard 

To be honest, not a lot of people come this close to 80% on their first attempt. You are very close you can definitely achieve it.

As already others have pointed out. The certification feedback is really helpful you can distinguish between theoretical and practical questions easily. My suggestion would be focus on successfully solving the practical ones and for theoretical questions search around Alteryx documentations, examples or build a sample workflow to find definitive answers.

You can easily clear it with a really high score%

Hope this helps : ) and All the best 🙂 Do let us know once you have cleared it 😀

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Really have to appreciate the outstanding community that Alteryx managed to create. I've never seen such a thing with any other software around the world. Thank you all! 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Joker_Hazard ,

For a first attempt, it's really very impressive.

From memory, I don't remember having passed the 60% mark for my very first attempt at core certification, so frankly you're extremely close.

What I can advise is to work on the points where you lost time and which made you think the most to go much faster on your next attempt. To help you get there, you have the weekly challenges that deal with a wide variety of topics and thus allow you to put a lot of tools.

Anyway, with your 79% I'm sure the next attempt will be a definite success.

Keep us posted on your score next time.😃

Cheers !!!

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Joker_Hazard 

I got the same score the first time i tried the Core Certification, it's frustrating to be within such a touching distance but it's a good effort for a first try!

Focus on the areas it highlights where you didn't do as well, and you'll smash it next time!

Good luck!

Labels