Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy/paste similar data from multiple files into one file with multiple tabs

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting started on a workflow. The goal of the workflow is to take data from 2 different spreadsheets and create one spreadsheet with multiple tabs. Each of the tabs on the new spreadsheet will include data from spreadsheet 1 and spreadsheet 2 with a common invoice number. Each tab of the spreadsheet will be a different invoice number.

I included example files below. The goal is: Take data from invoice 1234 from File 1 and File 2 and paste data into a new sheet with data from original File 1 and File 2 next to each other. Repeat the same process for invoice 45678 and create a new tab on the same spreadsheet as invoice 1234.

Both files 1 and 2 will include a large amount of data, so using a filter with a specific invoice number will likely not be possible.

Any assistance in getting started on this is greatly appreciated. I have not worked on a flow with a simple copy/paste with similar data so not quite sure how to get started on this!

Thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @SteveMathews 

I think you want to do something like this,

image.png

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

Great, thank you! Will use this as a base to get started.

Labels